BIRTH: Mr. James A. Edwards, Jr., is a native of Danville, Virginia. Born December 10, 1981 to Monica R. Tarpley and James A. Edwards, Sr. "J.R." entered this world weighing a whopping 11 pounds and 15 ounces.
FAMILY: On Saturday, August 8, 2015 J.R. was united in "Holy Matrimony" to the former Ms. Keyona Sheron Grey. He is the proud father of three (Kyunnika, Elisha, and Lathan), and proud step-father of one (Ethan).
EDUCATION: J.R. received his P.H.D (Public High-school Diploma) from the George Washington High School; after which, he attended Danville Community College and the Virginia University of Lynchburg Seminary College. Currently, J.R. is pursuing a "Bachelor of Science Degree" in Psychology from the University of Phoenix with hopes of transferring to Averett University.
DISCIPLESHIP: J.R. received his "B.A. (Born-Again) Degree" when he confessed Jesus as his Lord and Savior (Rom 10:9), repented and was baptized by immersion in the name of Jesus Christ for the Remission of Sins (Acts 2:38), filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave him utterance (Acts 2:4).
PASSION: Since June of 1992, J.R. has ministered through music on the Electric-piano and Hammond Organ. His gift has made room for him to back preachers such as Apostle Lawrence G. Campbell, Sr., Dr. Jamal Bryant, Dr. Brian Mosley, Bishop George Bloomer, Bishop Hezekiah Walker, Bishop Paul Morton, and Bishop Kervy Brown. He has backed singers such as Psalmist Monique Walker, Psalmist Lucinda Moore, Walt Whitman & the Soul Children of Chicago, Tye Tribbett, and Jekalyn Carr. Just to name a few.
MUSICAL GOALS: J.R. had two goals growing up: He wanted to become an organist for the Bible Way Cathedral and to become an organist under his musical mentor, Dr. Osco Eugene Gardin, Jr. (J.R. accomplished both goals)! Bible Way Cathedral in July of 2001 at the age of nineteen, and Dr. Osco Eugene Gardin, Jr. on April 3, 2011 at the age of twenty-nine. J.R. recognizes that he is not just a musician, but has been blessed by God with another ministry within him as well. This ministry entails "Bridging the Gap" holistically between God and ALL humanity through preaching, teaching, and evangelizing; which will help to bring lucid understanding to all that will listen.
- On Wednesday, January 18, 2012 at the age of Thirty, J.R. formed his first business entitled: "The Music Factory", as a self-contracted instrumentalist and music educator.
- On Wednesday, October 26, 2016 J.R. and Keyona launched a second business entitled "Bridge The Gap Luxurious Chauffeur" car driver service.
FIRST OUTREACH BROADCASTS:
- On Tuesday, January 24, 2012, J.R. made history as the youngest male to broadcast on "The New WDVA, 1250 AM Station" in Danville, VA entitled: "The Good News".
- On Friday, March 2, 2012, "The Good News Broadcast" was launched in Chatham, VA on "WKBY, 1080 AM Radio Station".
BIRTHING OF OUTREACH MINISTRIES:
- On Wednesday, January 15, 2014, was the inception of "Bridge the Gap Outreach Ministry".
- On Friday, January 24, 2014 was the launching of the www.bridgethegapjae.com website.
- On Monday, November 3, 2014 the ministry name was changed and officially registered with the "City of Danville, VA" as: "Bridge the Gap Outreach Ministries".
- On Saturday, November 22, 2014 was the First Outreach service held in the "Cedar Terrace" Community where he knocked on doors, handed out literature, preached, fed, and gave toys and clothes to over 100 households.
- On Saturday, December 20, 2014 was the First outreach service in the "Cardinal Village" Community where he ministered to over 80 plus people.
- On Monday, March 2, 2015 formed a youth choir in the "Cardinal Village" housing community.
- On Thursday, March 26, 2015 was the First outreach service in the "Pleasant View" Community where he ministered to over 90 plus people, of which two souls gave their life to the LORD!
- On Saturday, April 2, 2016 J.R. and Keyona held their First community outreach in the "North Main Street and Camp Grove area". Three souls gave their lives to the LORD!
- On Sunday, August 7, 2016 at 3:45 p.m. in the Bible Way Cathedral, J.R. preached his "Introductory Homily" and became publicly sanctioned as a Minister of the Gospel.
- On Sunday, September 11, 2016 J.R. became a "Televangelist" by launching "Bridge the Gap Outreach Television Broadcast" on WMDV StarNews Cable Channels 16, 20, and 541-544.
- On Saturday, November 5, 2016 J.R. and Keyona held their First outreach service in the "Green/Jefferson Street" Community serving food and giving away clothing to over 100 plus people.
- On Thursday, October 8, 2015, J.R. was voted in and appointed by the "Danville, Virginia City Council Members" to serve as a "Commissioner" on the board of "Danville Redevelopment & Housing Authority" for four years commencing November 1, 2015 and consummating on October 31, 2019.
- After being appointed by Council Members, he was officially sworn in as a "Commissioner" on Monday, October 19, 2015 in the "Danville Circuit Court".
- On Thursday, January 21, 2016, Commissioner Edwards was confirmed as one the "Officers" and "Board of Directors" of "Danville Housing Company, INC." which is a subsidiary of the "DRHA".
- On Tuesday, June 21, 2016, J.R. was voted in and appointed by the "Danville, Virginia City Council Members" to fulfill an unexpired term on the "Social Services Advisory Board" ending June 30, 2018.
- After being appointed by Council Members, he took the oath of office on Wednesday, July 6, 2016 in the "Danville Circuit Court".
- On Saturday, July 9, 2016 J.R. was presented with a "Community Service Award".
- On Monday, August 1, 2016 J.R. was appointed as the Danville Office Administrator for Democratic Candidate "Jane Dittmar".
- On Saturday, December 3, 2016 J.R. was the keynote speaker for the "Sisters of Success" Scholarship Banquet where monies are given away to help African-American Youth pursue a higher level of education.
- On Thursday, January 19, and February 15, 2017 J.R. was the keynote speaker for the Cardinal Village Community Impartation events.
- On August 21, 2018, J.R. became an International Minister of Music accompanying Bishop George G. Bloomer to Johannesburg and Cape Town, South Africa. Since then, Minister J.R. has ministered in over 29 foreign countries.
- Minister J.R. is in preparation to become an "Elder" at the "Bible Way Cathedral" under his "Pastor Apostle Lawrence G. Campbell, Sr.".
- Minister J.R. travels Nationally and Internationally ministering with Bishop George G. Bloomer.
J.R. is a husband, father, televangelist, teacher, community leader, musician, entrepreneur, visionary, and friend, but "The Best is Yet too Come!" His favorite books in the Bible are "Genesis" and "Proverbs". He was asked, "What is one thing you would like to encourage people to do?" His response was, "Don't allow the Pains from your Losses to Punish the Gift of your Present, and Paralyze the Potential of your Future. Keep Pushing and Pressing!"
FUTURE EVENTS: "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him (1 Corinthians 2:9 KJV).